View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 12:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I love long weekends - I stretched this one out to five days. Went to the Canada Day parade yesterday, and then my son helped me look for a camera that I can't blur the pictures on. It was very interesting - if anyone is looking, you need optical image stabilization, not digital, for the best anti-shake technology. He and a friend at the store are so into technology, it's really entertaining - they would talk away in their high-tech language, and then my son would translate for me. They figured I needed to buy a memory card that would give me 6000 pictures - I told them I'd be bored by the time I'd looked at 60! Then they pulled out a walking stick that I could use for a tripod if I was too shaky. I also learned that I don't want much zoom (just the 3 times optical that's standard) because the more you zoom, the more likely it is to blur.

I've been digging up a new flower bed. Got really tired of mowing around all these separate shrubs, so dug up the lawn around them, loosened up the dirt, hauled bags of peat moss and compost, and almost have it all dug in. It's been sunny all weekend, so if I don't sleep better after this, I don't know what I'll do. I'm sleeping so badly lately, waking up every hour or so.
wendy s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote