View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 08:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Negative Side Effects of Neurofeedback - After one session

Recently, I have been under much stress and have had some kind of a flare with neurological symptoms consisting of various peripheral neuropathies over the course of the last 5-6 weeks. To date no one has been able to figure what the problem is and so far all tests are negative. Before I started on any medication like gabapentin for the symptoms, the therapist I was seeing recommended neurofeedback/ brain paint. I had one session which was 3 days ago and the side effects have been awful. Initially it caused a horrible headache and instead of feeling relaxed it has done the opposite for me and I have been unable to sleep,experiencing increased anxiety as well as a slight worsening of what ever is going on with me since having just the 1 session. I have vowed to never go through another session again. Has anyone else experience this and how did you cope with these side effects? And even more importantly will this get better in time?? I was already worried and anxious over what is causing the original symptoms and this has made everything so much worse. Thank you for any help that anyone can offer to me.
lynn0929 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote