View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 01:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentgamer View Post
I was helpin my sister with her computer, and realized that the directions I gave were GEEKED! LOL

Sorry I was speaking geek speak

Here is a website that explains how to improve your computer in language everyone, even my sister, can understand.

http://arstechnica.com/guides/tweaks/sgp-tweaks.ars
It wasn't too terribly geeky. I've heard and do hear much worse every day. My other half is DaGeek.

Now, for the average generic user you may have given one or two a headache. But it *is* a difficult thing to talk someone through that doesn't know what you're talking about let alone where to look for it. I run into that problem on a daily basis as I do callcenter tech support for an ISP. There are just some things I tell the customer they'll either have to bring the machine in or have someone come out and look at it cause it's just too difficult to talk them through it and I certainly don't want to make a problem worse because they didn't fully understand the directions I was giving them. I'm amazed on a daily basis how little most people know about even the basics and don't want to know. They want it done for them but they don't want to pay for it. Sigh.

And of course that doesn't apply to the wonderful people here...because they want to learn! (boy I dodged that one nicely didn't I)