View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 06:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Angels,

This statement the way you say it is written appears to be an incomplete statement. However, it could be just the way the radiologist wrote the report in response to what was written on the prescription for the scan... "Status post removal of left maxillary molar crowns with remnant of the roots within the maxillary alveolus."

One) If the script read something like..... Scan area of the upper left quadrant post removal of teeth and root remnants. It could mean the "current" status post removal of such and such was found to be normal.

Two) If the script read something like .... Scan area of upper left quadrant post removal of teeth for retained root remnants, etc. It could mean the current status shows root remnants were found in the maxillary alveolus.

At least that is my interpretation of it. Do you see what I mean?
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels31 View Post
That is exactly how it is written in the conclusion. In the findings, it says "no bony defect of the left maxillary alveolus. Status post removal of left maxillary molar crowns with remnant of the roots within the maxillary alveolus."

Is it normal to have roots left like that? The oral surgeon told me the roots were infected and in my sinus. He is at a dental conference all next week. Ugh!
Thanks

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote