View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 07:20 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi Judy,

First of all, thank you for dragging yourself through my Thread It is an ongoing journey I am attacking with renewed vigour now.

Re: you picking up on the Metoprolol reference, that was actually a meds 'flashback' mistake. I meant to write Metoclopramide, which reduces nausea by emptying the stomach contents into the intestines rapidly. I took Metoprolol as well up until a few years ago for heart/anxiety issues. It can actually cause some weight gain. Sorry for the confusion.

You have done very well to cut your A1c number. That is another reason for my diet, and I will know this year's number next week when I see my Diabetes Nurse for my full check up. I have had my Bloods taken already.

The best dieting tool I have found is to write everything you eat and drink down on a daily chart, with the number of calories and carbs (for Diabetes control) alongside. Being pretty much housebound I aim for 1200-1400cals per day. Over the past month I have found around 1800cals keeps my weight pretty much stable. Writing everything down makes you feel accountable to yourself and makes it easy to see where all the 'empty' calories are.

Of course, having everyone here for support and now having my daughter dieting with me helps tremendously.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (01-25-2016), NurseNancy (01-23-2016)