View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 03:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
MAT52, it is good to read that you got careful attention from the oral surgeon.

One thing that you wrote struck me "Oligoclonal bands" - these are unusually high levels of specific antibodies in serum or CSF.

There are many possible explanations for them which may or may not be linked to your SFN.

It might be an idea if you got a referral to a clinical immunologist who should be able to check out what they may imply in detail with you.

All the best.
Thanks very much Kiwi33. My rheumatologist and old neurologist were both fairly dismissive of the paired O bands saying that they are too non specific to be very useful apart from as a general indication of inflammation - which they already know I have. The high total protein has come down again to top of normal range so it fluctuates as much as my ESR and CRP do. It was the oral surgeon who seemed to take the paired O bands more seriously and said they know something is up - they just don't yet know what so I'm passed from pillar to post because too unspecific.

Re immunology - mine is all negative at present so there's no way is qualify for a referral within the NHS and the top ones here don't do private work.
Mat

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zkrp01 (01-23-2016)