View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 12:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Well, I am back from my consultation. I still don't quite know what to think about the appointment. First, he was more of a salesman than a doctor, in my opinion. Very smooth fast talker that was just trying to make a sale. It wasn't ketamine that he was trying to sell though. He feels that I would benefit more from a SCS over ketamine infusions for two reasons; insurance will cover SCS, and he believes that SCS will also help with my blood flow problems. He didn't talk too much about ketamine, and what he did say, my eyes were kind of glazing over wondering what he just said. I am not even sure how much he even knows about CRPS, especially since when I said CRPS, I got a strange look with a response of "oh, you mean RSD". That doesn't bother me too much, since a lot of doctors are still calling it RSD, but I still get this feeling to keep on looking.

I don't think the appointment was a complete waste of time. It gave me a chance to meet up with another PM doctor and hear what he has to say and learn a little about ketamine, although not much was said about it. What I don't understand is - why do so many doctors want to push the SCS? The doctor I saw today said I would benefit more from SCS than ketamine, but he does not do SCS.

Thank you everybody for your questions and concerns, but since we didn't spend much time talking about infusions, not too many of the questions actually came up.

I really just don't know what to think about today's appointment. I will see what happens with PM #4 on February 9.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (01-23-2016), Littlepaw (01-23-2016), mama mac (01-23-2016), swimtime (01-25-2016)