Thread: MRI results
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 03:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie12 View Post
Hi everyone!

Ive had migraines behind my eyes since I was about 12 (maybe even younger), I'm now 20 and they've gotten so much worse and more localised. About 2/3 times a week at the worst times. Not related to periods.

I had an MRI today and as a speech pathology student i've studied a fair bit of neuroanatomy and these are sections from a horizontal slice just behind the eye (where the pain is). Do these black marks look concerning? To my knowledge theres no foramen there to the left.

Please give me some advice I know I shouldn't have looked but I couldn't help myself...
I'm not a radiologist, and it's hard to tell from just two cuts, but I'm pretty sure you're quite a bit below your eyes, it looks like the slices are just above the brainstem. I'm guessing it was without contrast? If so, I'm not quite sure what you're asking about, but I think you might be pointing to some vessels? If you have some more images, I could get a better idea. Again, not a radiologist, but I've seen my fair share of MRIs.
pinkswede17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote