Thread: progressive
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 08:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default progressive

I hope it's ok to ask about this. I have two unclear diagnoses for whatever illnesses I have - Functional neurological disorder and Central sensitisation disorder. It will be 3 years in May. What is clear to me now is that the nerve pain is moving over my body and steadily becoming established in both hands and feet.

Originally I had neuropathic pain over most of my body and then my right side became increasingly painful as compared to my left. I now have muscle wastage in my right leg. The thing that has made life bearable since I have been ill was that my left side was only in minor pain most of the time enabling me to manage stairs, etc. I regularly saved myself from falling at home with my stronger left arm

In the last few months I've watched and felt as my left foot and now hand have rapidly developed severe neuropathic pain. I feel pretty despairing about this latest development. I can't find much on the internet about progressive neuropathic pain nor can I find much about prognosis. Medical people have not been helpful when i have asked about this. I know this could be a sensitive issue to raise. I hope it's OK that I have. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by indigo; 01-23-2016 at 08:46 PM.
indigo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (01-25-2016)