View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 06:51 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
All I know is that I wish mine was misdiagnosed! I even asked the doctor if there was any chance that it was a false positive. Of course she said no. I was so crushed to read the results of significant reduced density.
I felt the same way. I didn't even get the news directly from my doctor, the lab gladly emailed me the results. When I opened the report I had to read it twice before it fully registered in my mind. I will never forget reading "significantly reduced density" in big bold caps. I was crushed to say the least! Yet when I saw my Neuro doctor she was almost gleeful with the results. She said with a smile "this is good because now we have a diagnosis". She insists that patients with SFN can lead a very normal life if they just take the medicine. She made an comparison to someone that has high blood pressure. It can't be cured so you just take blood pressure medicine and all is fine. It angers me because I don't think one can compare high blood pressure to the hideous nature of SFN, especially given the drugs used are not truly designed for nerve pain.

Cliffman
Cliffman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (01-24-2016), Itneverends (01-31-2016), St George 2013 (01-25-2016), zkrp01 (01-24-2016)