Old 01-24-2016, 05:54 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hello LondonLady,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonLady View Post
When I took a hot bath tonight, I noticed that I got a little shakey in my hands. Now I'm aware that's typically a MS symptom, so I'm hopeful there might also be another reason? I wasn't super tired or dizzy, just my hands were slightly shakey. Stopped after I got out and cooled off.
Many, many, many, many years ago Multiple Sclerosis was diagnosed based on a "hot bath" test. They would put a person in a tub of hot water and after a few minutes if the person had a problem getting out due to weakness or could not walk they were diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

Thank goodness for technology There is a diagnostic criteria for Multiple Sclerosis, The revised McDonald Criteria: http://www.va.gov/MS/articles/2010_M...ia_Revised.pdf

The criteria relies heavily on MRI evidence. There is other testing, if positive, which can help support a diagnosis of MS.

There is no symptom(s) unique or exclusive to Multiple Sclerosis and all other causes need to be ruled out. It is difficult and sometimes impossible to receive a diagnosis based on symptoms alone. Testing needs to indicate MS as a possibility.

Quote:
I guess what worries me is knowing that they are now using Vit D to treat MS
Multiple Sclerosis treatments:
- Disease Modifying Therapies to treat the disease.
- Symptom management medications to try and treat some of the symptoms.
- Steroids to treat relapses.

Vitamin D3 is not considered a treatment for MS but is believed to affect the disease negatively when deficient. Vitamin D deficiencies are being linked to many different conditions.

I would have no way of knowing if you have MS or not, only testing/ Neurological exam and a Neurologist can give you that answer. Usually when someone has "all over" symptoms it's not usually MS. MS just doesn't work like that.

If you haven't had a recent eye exam it would be a good idea to see an Ophthalmologist to discuss your vision problems. Some of what your vision issues appears to fit in with Migraines with/without auras.

Best wishes in your upcoming Neurology appointment.
Lara (01-25-2016), LondonLady (01-28-2016), Pika428 (03-18-2016)