View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 06:46 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Funny. I WANT my first rib to fuse with its vertebral joint.

Since I have TOS, my first rib pops up and causes problems. My first instinct is to release the scalenes and then if the rib still pops up, get some surgeon to fuse it on the back side. It needs to stop moving so much! Its quite arthritic from the CT scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagousa View Post
Taki,
Reading your post made me feel like I have a twin, I have also been diagnosed with fused ribs, in my case 6 and 7 ribs...causes a lot of discomfort in the chest area, some times the disconfort radiates to the arm, and the entire pectoral. What makes our stories so closed is that I was also diagnosed by doctors with thyroid cancer, it was found by a ct of my chest while they were looking for the discomfort in the chest, but by the way, they didn't find the fused ribs that time either, I guess the thyroid nodule took the radiologist attention, I had to do a second ct scan to find the fusing....anyway now I've been treated for a posible cancer reoccurrence, it's posible but not confirmed.

Did you get the surgery? I didn't due to the doctors advise against it, he said too risky, more damage than good, long recovery, recommended yoga to losen things up, I haven't tried yet but I will, the discomfort in the chest is daily...get bac to me with more details about the issues you have daily, I want to compare notes...thanks
jheumann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote