View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 09:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
I'm 3 days in on my 2nd 10 mcg/hr BuTrans patch.

I started getting an earache early last week and finally broke down and went to the dr on Saturday morning. Dx: Sinus and ear infection.

I can't remember the last time I felt THIS bad ! Because of the infection I have no idea what is related to the infection and what to withdrawal from titrating down on the BuTrans.

I was finally able to get out of bed late yesterday afternoon and shower. This morning I feel like I'm on the road to recovery thank goodness.

We'll see how it goes from now to Feb 8th on this 10 mcg/hr patch.

Thanks to anyone reading this

ps....why do dr's insist on giving antibiotics that are linked to neuropathy ? I have severe SFN with no A or C fibers left in my feet per biopsy. He gives me Cipro after I specifically asked him NOT to give me any antibiotic linked to neuropathy. Vent over

Take care everyone.

Debi
Hi Debi,

Sorry to hear about the earache. I think a lot of doctors rely on "Cipro" as their go to antibiotic in most instances. For example every time my Mother has an urinary infection her GP insists it's the only antibiotic that will work, perhaps that's true but I question it.

If you don't mind my asking what type of side effects (if any) have you had from the oxycodone 10-325. My pain management Dr. told me they it does not work well on nerve pain but obviously it does in your case. I've reached 1800 mg of Gabapentin and it's not helping much with the pain.

Cliffman
Cliffman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (01-25-2016)