View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 10:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hey Cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffman View Post
Hi Debi,

Sorry to hear about the earache. I think a lot of doctors rely on "Cipro" as their go to antibiotic in most instances. For example every time my Mother has an urinary infection her GP insists it's the only antibiotic that will work, perhaps that's true but I question it.

If you don't mind my asking what type of side effects (if any) have you had from the oxycodone 10-325. My pain management Dr. told me they it does not work well on nerve pain but obviously it does in your case. I've reached 1800 mg of Gabapentin and it's not helping much with the pain.

Cliffman
You are probably right about the Cipro and I'm allergic to Penicillin so that may be why he gave me that.

At first I was on hydrocodone and it helped. Then when I went to the pain mgmt. dr and he put me on BuTrans he had to switch me from hydrocodone to oxycodone because he said hydrocodone doesn't mix with the BuTrans patch.

No side effects from it other than having to take a stool softner maybe once a month if that. I guess I'm lucky on that end

And yes the oxycodone does help me. I can take up to 3 a day and most days I have to use the 3. Not sure why your pain mgmt would say that. Sounds more like my neuro talking

When I was just going to my PCP and a neuro the neuro would not prescribe me any type of pain meds...I had to get them from my PCP and my neuro wasn't too happy about it but it was helping me.

I'm also on 1800 mg of gabapentin. That's my personal limit with that drug

Does your pain mgmt. dr not give you anything for pain ?

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote