View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 12:15 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default anyone taking high blood pressure drugs + carbidopa/levodopa?

i have HBP which i've kept under control with C/L, diet, exercise. when OFF, my BP would get as high as 160/95 but usually wouldn't go any higher 145/95. when i ride my stationary bike it drops down below 110/70 so that's one reason i avoided a BP drug, i was afraid it would go too low. my BP did go higher when sleeping but not dangerously high so avoided BP drug.

But things suddenly changed in the last few days, my ON time dropped from over 2.5-3hrs to less than 2hrs and I go OFF very suddenly with my BP going from 125/76 to over 180/100 in less than 30min. So have to increase on time with other drugs and/or add a BP drug. This sudden change is just a little disconcernting, i went from getting pretty good symptom relief with 800-900 C/L with very little rigidity when ON to having lingering rigidity that makes exercise and normal daily activity much more difficult. waiting to hear from my docs so thought i'd see what other pd'ers might be doing. i was diagnosed 12 years ago.

so "hopefully" this is just "normal" progression and i can find the right combo of dosages and drugs to again feel ok and not crappy a great part of the day and it isn't something more serious. haven't tried COMTAN or requipxl, neupro just too expensive. I'd like to take more extended release C/L but just too unpredictable. DBS looking more attractive vs meds every 2 hrs but might not be a candidate, ongoing costs is an issue and i'm allergic to a gold, silver and other metals, not allergic to titanium. never a dull day with pd. azilect, amantadine had side affects and i'd be taking regualr requip if it didn't put me into a stupor. all answers will be judged and i'll declare a winner
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aquario (01-26-2016), dilmar (02-05-2016)