View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 05:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16rhonda View Post
I had some prp injections in my knees for arthritis pain and ankle for which was thought to be from peroneal tendonitis but now know is tibial nerve compression (tarsal tunnel).
What I have read about prp and told by the Dr who did this on me, was it helps to heal your tendon that are weakened from injurys or loose its. It will never heal to its original state but can strenghten tendons by helping to form scar tissue. It did help my knee pain short term but did nothing for my ankle Bc its nerve comp not a tendon problem.
So, I dont know how it could help tos where there usually is already a lot of scar tissue involved and this is what's compressing the nerves. Tos is not a tendon problem.
Watch out for false advertising! Some drs promote prp and prolotherapy as curing just
about everything! I wish it were true, as I have spent $18,000, most of my savings, on prolotherapy alone. Most insurance co.s do not pay for these treatments, mine didn't and I have one of the top rated plans.

about everything! I wish it were true, as I have spent 18,000
Hi 16r honda, can you tell me about from where you got your prolo done and what your experience was?
Akash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote