View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 08:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree 100%! And people should be concerned about their biopsies...but I'm not sure if they should be concerned about the ones done by Therapath. They were the ones to take the time to do the study and publish the results to educate patients, clinics, and doctors. Why would they do all this with the study and then provide each and every customer with the protective cooler and cold packs to ensure the samples are properly sent, if they weren't handling the sample correctly?

I really understand your point and getting proper samples is crucial in EVERY type of biopsy, not just nerve biopsies. I just think this article was taken out of context and misunderstood in regards to Therapath's role in the study and efforts they are making to receive good samples.

If there was anything that concerns me about Therapath...it's that they don't do any morphology for skin biopsies. They only do nerve fiber density. For proper diagnosis, morphology is VERY important. It is possible to have normal density and yet highly damaged fibers that can only be detected by morphology testing.

Last edited by en bloc; 01-25-2016 at 09:16 PM.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cliffman (01-26-2016), DavidHC (01-25-2016), echoes long ago (01-31-2016), glenntaj (01-26-2016)