View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 02:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

We got an urgent referral to our local pediatric pain management dept (there are not a lot of those around the country). That allowed us to make an initial eval appt (really three appts together) 3 months later!! The urgent part freed up an appt, orinially they were booked a few days past that point and the rest of the calendar hadn't become available. It's a joy of dealing with insurance that does not end. Now, another three months later, we only have half a plan as insurance has denied some requests that pain clinic is not great at helping along, but they've been told me I should know more about getting referrals they don't share with me approved. Their approach is generally two pronged - exercise and therapy with some drugs and alternatives to drugs but countless lectures on not giving opioids which I keep telling them are unlikely to work so we don't want them. The psych is not really open to trying the one thing mentioned for people with my daughter's situation and seems to think parents are part of the problem (he does seem to know something more than others, just think he's less useful if he's only will get to fallback on his known methods - one of which is adverse for our child so don't think he gets the underlying condition but he says he does, Grrr). So urgent referral.. six months later has resulted in very little. Hope you have a better experience. It should help that your child is older than mine, mine is at the young end for therapy they think might help.

Last edited by pogo; 01-26-2016 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Added missing word
pogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-25-2016)