Old 01-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Thanks for the update.

Have they ever treated Alan with hyperbaric oxygen for his foot?

Wishing you and Alan the best and a quick improvement with his non-healing wound.

I will be looking forward to your next update.
Hi all.

Well we just endured the Blizzard of the century here in Brooklyn, NY. Alan has been going nowhere because there is no where for him to go. Usually I join my friends at Dunkin at night (I don't eat anything I just sit with them). It's my release. Anyway, his ulcer is all cleared up. The podiatrist wants him to continue to wear the crow boot until he is seen again. He can't be seen because we are housebound due to the snow. So he can't go anywhere. He wears an off loading shoe in the house. I check the foot every day. It's all healed. His next appointment is god only knows because the side of my house is like a mountain but I get to go out and go around the back into the driveway, then onto the street, then down to the avenue to shop if I need anything. Alan can't do any of this because of the narrow spacing, his need to use a rollator and he has no snow wear.

Now here's my next update. Alan took a PSA test 10 days ago and it was faxed to his urologist and we have an appt on Feb 3rd (if we are not snowbound of course). This appointment (as worded by the urologist). "Let's see what his PSA is and that will determine if he needs a biopsy of his prostate"

I just called our doctor and one of the girls there gave me the PSA number. It was 2.18. I forget what his previous PSA was but it was around that number.

I just texted his doctor and asked him the following question "Does a PSA number of 2.18 indicate that Alan will need a prostate biopsy?"

I am close to our doctor and we text back and forth. I am very lucky in that vein and I never abuse that privilege. We are also FB buddies. Imagine that!!

So I am putting it out there. I know that doctors order tests for various reasons but if Alan does not need a prostate biopsy, he doesn't want one. I told him "You have the right to refuse anything you want to refuse". His uro had been saying "He might have age related cancer, or actual prostate cancer, the cells can go either direction, blah blah". I get this.

So guys, he's peeing fine. Has a good stream. Doesn't get up all night to pee. Just pees like a regular man pees (sorry to be so blunt).

So what do you think the urologist will say? Do you think the psa of 2.18 is indicative of a prostate biopsy?

Thanks very much to all of you

Sincerely, Melody (aka Sproutlady)

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE.

Just found his previous PSA. It was 2.41

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote