View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 02:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
Thanks for the update Mat.

It's good that you finally found a doctor who listened, understood and believed what you were talking about - sorry it had to be an oral surgeon who probably won't be able to provide any necessary treatment. Here's hoping at least that his report is taken seriously by the other doctors you're referred to. Is he going to send you (or your GP) a copy of the report?

All the best for progress in your continuing search.
Thanks Bluesfan. Yes you grasp it all so well as usual - there is probably not going to be any positive outcome for me from the oral surgeon's supportive consultation - especially because I have no jaw or mouth related symptoms presently beyond the small fibre ones. But somehow his support encouraged me not to give up my quest for answers or resign myself to the SFN necessarily being present and untreatable for the rest of my days. With time this boost in confidence diminishes but he did say he woukd write to my GP. I have to register with another GP practice in a month's time because we are relocating permanently soon so I may not be able to acces his letter easily though but we will see.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote