View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 12:25 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

En Bloc, my morphology was normal (at the calf at any rate), but I and the neuro and pretty much everyone else are convinced that it's autoimmune. I take it that occurs also?

Also, other than Hopkins, are there any other great ones. How about Corinthian Reference Lab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
You are correct, Susanne...Hopkins developed the skin biopsy. Not only is the condition of the fibers important for progression, but also when some cases that density is normal, yet condition shows signs of damage. This can happen in autoimmune presentation of SFN...especially at the beginning, when proper diagnosis is so crucial for early treatment options.

Second opinions are not just for doctors...second opinions can be for biopsy interpretations as well. Especially, if you don't think the testing/evaluation/sample/etc was handled or done properly. It doesn't matter who did the biopsy, or what reason you want another opinion...it is your right to have it done to make sure the correct diagnosis is being made and your treatment reflects that Dx.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote