View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 11:32 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Good Morning Soccertese,

One of the things I started doing was measuring my blood pressure 3 times a day. Do this for a week to get an idea of what is really going on. Gives the doctors a much better idea than just a measurement when you visit. Try to pick two times to show before 30 minutes medication and 60 minutes after medication

Laying down. Measure it
Stand up, wait two to three minutes, measure it.
Sitting up right. Once again measure it.

For me my normal range is systolic (high number) from 90 to 160. The numbers will vary all over the place. Doc's had fun with me in the hospital for surgery. I had a big room sign with "Medication on time, every time. WAKE ME" so at least they did get my Parkie meds on time. Irony was in the morning the Pharmacy had entered my 5 AM medication as 9 AM as they slipped up.

On "off days" (different from medication on/off) that when I first stood up my vision gave me a clue. Peripheral vision will narrow. Stand up slowly, hand firmly at table (or hand rail in handicap bathroom stall) until I am feeling good to start walking again. Some days I am fine, other days are bad. Oddest part is I do not see a rhyme nor reason to this, just happens. Long torso, so falling over backwards is not fun.

Official Dx was a little over a year ago. Doing well with Medication (Daily: 10 - 25/100 Sinemet; 4 - 200mg Comtan) exercise has helped as I am holding off on increase of medication.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (01-27-2016)