View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 02:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

That's quite low, but glad you're supplementing. Did you retest to confirm that (i.e., the increase in D levels)? I presume you did. My ANA was normal too, but given symptoms, they will do a lip biopsy (appointment in the spring). As En Bloc on here will tell you, many test negative - she is still negative - but have Sjogren's. Not that you have that, but just FYI, since a negative ANA but positive lip biopsy are not uncommon. I've had two negative ANA panels. I also had quite low vitamin D, though not as low as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfrustrated View Post
@DavidHC ANA panel was clear. Vitamin D was super low (4.9), but I've supplemented and got back into normal range.

@SylvieM Although I do have flat feet, a few doctors have told me that they have seen others with feet just as flat without all of these other issues. They just prescribe orthotics, which help a bit temporarily, but aren’t really a fix. I have gotten work up done from a rheumatologist but it all came back normal.

@zkrp01 I have seen 4-5 different podiatrist. They are all essentially the same. They can give you pills, orthotics, braces, RICE, etc - but outside of those few tricks, all they have left is surgery. I’m told that my condition isn’t a candidate for surgery.

@Littlepaw Tarsal tunnel was mentioned but never confirmed. I have zero arch when I am weight bearing. I’ve tried all the conservative treatments without any results. I definitely did over use, no question about that. I just don’t know how to stop the pain.

@chris85 Well, I can only speak for myself, but strong medications just aren’t my cup of tea. Aside from feeling like a zombie, I also get stomach/chest issues from them. I definitely agree with you in that when some bodies get too stressed, they start messing up bad.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote