View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 11:46 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayna81 View Post
Has anyone been approved for migraines? Mine are chronic daily for 9 years. Lost my job finally due to my condition last year. I'm at the reconsideration level and just waiting.
I was just approved, but mine was a long 5 year process. I was denied at initial, reconsideration and first hearing. I then went to the appeals counsel which sent it back for another hearing, and because the requested neurologist was not provided for that hearing ( just a regular M.D.) the judge had to stop the hearing and I had to wait for a supplemental hearing which I just had on January 25, 2016.

But I was APPROVED!! Just on the migraines issue alone, I do not have any other conditions. The main reasons for my approval was that I was consistent on the frequency, duration and limitations. The judge also asked the dr. At the hearing if I was credible and complying with treatment.

I was under the care of a neurologist at all times and I had tried several, and I mean several medications. I am currently on eight prophylactics all for migraine, 3 rescue medications and I also get Botox, which has stopped working.

Oh I am 43 years old. I say even if you get denied keep trying. And keep the dr. Visits and all ER visits. And when you go into the dr. Make sure to tell him/her that you have a headache if you do and to note it in your chart. I went to my dr. Several times with a migraine and it was never noted in my chart. The judge questioned me on this at my first hearing. (This was one deciding factor for my being denied at the first hearing)
Savha1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mz Migraine (01-28-2016)