View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 11:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

GMarie,

PITA means .... pain in the *****

I would stop using the ACT and stick with the salt water only. Mouthwash contains chemicals, some very toxic, and all irritating to the oral tissue. There is no therapeutic benefit to using mouthwash. They are marketed as something that kills bad breath, germs and prevents cavities. The ingredients do kill germs but cannot distinguish between the good or the bad germs so they kill them all. They also decrease the production of saliva predisposing the user to tooth decay and periodontal disease. Many rinses contain Fluoride which is actually an industrial toxic waste product and it does not prevent tooth decay. Thorough brushing and flossing are the best preventive measures to prevent decay.

Stick with the salt water only and see if the lump clears up in a few days.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarie View Post
Bryanna, Yes quite a start to the day!
Just wondering....what is a PITA? I am still doing warm salt water rinses. I have been rinsing with ACT total care mouthwash the last couple of days too. Is there something else I should be using?

Thanks again for your useful information! After this heals, it's off to the dentist to get a crown repaired. Does it ever end??

GMarie

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote