View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 02:32 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default New Here - Trying to Find Help for the Pain

Years and years ago I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and was dealing with nasty ankle and foot pain, chronic fatigue, and general malaise. A few years after that I began experiencing a nasty tingling in my toes, feeling like they had ants crawling all over them. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes despite having lost 20 pounds since my last appt. where my blood work was normal. Go figure.

I was initially prescribed Gabapentin, Kombiglyze (sp.? - for the diabetes), Lisinopril (to protect my liver/kidneys?), Ibuprofen 800mg and Atorvastin (for cholesterol). No relief for the pain, and it made me foggy. I'm foggy enough without the gaba.

So then I was prescribed a 10mcg Butrans patch - it was wonderful that first time I slapped one of those on. I was good for about a year. But my pain has escalated and/or I've become accustomed to the patch dosage. The savings card does not apply to the 15mcg patch (which I find inexplicable and ridiculous) - so my PCP prescribed the 20mcg patch. Well doubling the dose almost quadruples the price!! I cannot afford it - so I am back on 10mcg and Tramadol for the bad days.

Still having pain. And I am miserable - I can't even get in 20 hours of work most weeks. I have nights I can't sleep even though my head is bobbing from exhaustion.

My husband and I participate in showing dogs - if I have a show weekend it can take me 1-2 days to recover once I get back home. Sometimes it feels like the tops of my feet are bruised, and my ankles just ache, and then the tingling/fiery toes and balls of my feet are the cherry on top of the miserable picture.

About the only time I can get any relief is when I visit CO and head to a dispensary.

I've lost about 50 pounds since my diagnosis. Hoping to lose 20 more. I've changed over to Invokana - it was actually supposed to be used in conjunction with the Kombiglyze (which I can hardly get down because it's so large), but I've dropped the Kom. My A1C numbers were still down; and my bad cholesterol numbers were also down even though I dropped the Atorvastin. So I seem to be on the right track there.

So I've now found myself here looking for information on how to relieve my PN. Can the nerves repair? If so, how can that process be helped? What alternatives can help with the pain? I've got to find some true relief before I go completely mad.

Thanks in advance for the info!

R. Lynn
gryffyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote