View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 09:46 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I would suggest you consult your doctor and get that lisinopril changed to another hypertension drug. Avoid all ACE inhibitors!
most of their names end in --il as a helpful hint.

I had the most awful reaction to lisinopril after taking it for YEARS. It caused a terrible accumulation of bradykinin in the tissues with causes pressure on nerves as the cells swell up with it. This is called acquired angioedema. It took more than a year for my body to get rid of that excess bradykinin, and now my doctor thinks I have the hereditary form of angioedema, since I have the gastroentestinal symptoms about twice a month still.

http://aacijournal.biomedcentral.com...1710-1492-6-14

Another common culprit in PN is that statin you took. I'd get on CoQ-10 ASAP to help restore your lost CoQ-10 that your liver normally makes, and was blocked by the statin.
Qunol makes a nice well absorbed form of CoQ-10, and is at Costco and WalMart and Amazon.100mg of this is about equal to 300mg of the older CoQ-10s that are still on the market.

Your symptoms may be due to the build up of the bradykinin. If they are, then you should catch it before it reaches crisis level like it did for me. (most doctors think the reaction only occurs at the start of ACE treatment, but it can occur at any time.)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (01-30-2016), zkrp01 (01-29-2016)