View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 05:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sup Tommy. I'm into my 10th month dealing with PCS that was caused by a concussion made much worse by alcohol use. My biggest advice is to absolutely NOT drink any more alcohol till you are a definite 100% better. That is all.

I'm sorry I can't help predict if your concussion recovery would last a year again. I'm sure others here will be more helpful with that. It basically comes down to avoiding the things that made your last recovery so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy459251 View Post
Hello,

I have been dealing with PCS for a little over a year now and have been doing much better recently. Unfortunately last weekend, I slipped in the snow and hit my head. It did not seem to be a hard hit and I felt fine afterwards, so I did not think much of it. That night, I went out with friends and drank alcohol fairly heavily. A couple of days later I started to realize that I might have re-injured myself because I started having symptoms. I went to see my neurologist and he said to treat it like a regular concussion. So I am currently at home on my 5th day of cognitive rest and I'm still having some pretty intense symptoms including dizziness, nausea, and trouble focusing. I know it is my fault for going out and drinking, but I am hoping for the best after this incident. All I can hope for is that my current concussion does not bring about the year long struggle that my previous concussion brought about. Since it was not as hard of a hit, I am thinking this may be true, but because I know alcohol can make the severity of a concussion worse and I have had multiple concussions in the past, I am very worried. Could anyone explain to me just how much worse my use of alcohol could potentially make my concussion this time? In others words, am I doomed and in for another year of dealing with severe post concussion syndrome?
hermanator90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote