View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 08:44 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Just remember not to forget the dosage on the VitD, some people think they have to take it everyday when it's the 50K. But your levels should start rising by the end of the week from the first dose and by the end of the 8 week course they should be back up to almost if not normal. From then the second Rx is simply to maintain a healthy level.

Or so said my own NP . Unfortunately I hit toxicity levels from the first dose, and was even having some issues on the smallest dosage. But eh... my body is weird like that, I don't take it too much to heart. But it does mean I can't say exactly how long until you level out. They should however double check your levels at the end of 8 weeks just to be sure you're ready to drop down to a maintence level.

Mine was 18 at the time and the NP was ready to do another test at the end of 8 weeks but had to do it after 2 weeks, it was almost double what it should have been. But I also wasn't suffering from any non-descript symptoms or really any symptoms of a VitD deficiency aside from its being common in MS patients which is the only reason it got tested in the first place.
SallyC (01-29-2016)