View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 09:05 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Symmetrical symptoms is actually the most common presentation of MS, as opposed to ALS or a stroke which typically only attacks one side of the body. That is not to say the having symmetrical symptoms means you have MS, but rather it's simply a common trait of the disease. There's still any number of things that could be going on.

Also not having lesions in the brain, doesn't rule it out, as there maybe lesions in the spinal cord area, even then without the presence of lesions MS still isn't completely ruled out (though far more difficult to get a Dx for) So you might want to make sure you get a lumbar puncture done as well and not rely solely on the MRIs.

I'm considered disabled by my MS, but I only have one lone little unchanging lesion in my brain and a couple of indistinct spots, that could be from head injuries, old lesions, developing lesions or just who the heck knows. But the deciding factor for my Dx was the lumbar puncture even with just the lowly little lesion in the corpus callum. Well and all the symptoms as well

There's a few basic symptoms that are common to a lot of MS patients though not all, the biggest one being heat sensitivity. Where in your symptoms present themselves more the warmer you get, which can be from raising your body temperature through exercising.

And as NurseNancy pointed out, with pregnancy many diseases can become almost or feel completely symptom free. I guess it's part of our nurturing natures. And the repression of symptoms can last for quite a while into the child's growth period. My own DSD has Graves disease but didn't have any recurrent symptoms of it until around August when her youngest was turning 2 years old, then everything went downhill for her.

Anyways we're all here for you, be sure to let us know how you're doing and feel free to ask us any other questions. Even if you find you don't have MS, there's a lot of us that have clever ways of dealing with things when our bodies just don't seem to want to do what we tell it to.
SallyC (01-31-2016)