View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
with food... as on an empty stomach it may act as a laxative.

It is absolutely not necessary to take the B12 in divided doses. You could take it once in the morning if you wanted.

Calcium, zinc and mag are controlled by cellular active transport mechanisms, so dividing up the doses is better. Dividing up water soluble vits like C and B complex also is better since they are excreted quickly.

But B12 in large doses is passively absorbed in the small intestine, like a drug.
Less of a critical thing for timing or dividing up the dose.
I seemed to have stomach issues if I take all my B's at the same time. So for now at least I'll leave things as they are. Maybe once I get used to it, as I'm still upping the dose, it won't be as much of a problem.

As for the Mag...is there anything I shouldn't take it with as far as what else I'm taking? I know to take it with food and with a missing gallbladder I certainly don't need a laxative.

I picked up a pill box. It has 4 daily dose compartments and goes for 7 days. Now I'll be able to keep all this straight.

I added D - 400iu, Green Tea Extract - 2 150 mg caps a day in two doses for now. It's says to take 2 caps twice a day with food. Also began the E and C again this evening.