View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 07:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

The timing of this thread is impeccable I must say. I've read that there is a 80% failure rate for relationships when one of the participants sufferes a TBI. I now believe I am part of the 80% with the recent developments in my relationship. Please refer to my previous threads for details. They're not pretty, but they're raw emotion.

For me, or my relationship, it failed because of a lack of communication. Now I don't put all the blame on her. Not at all, in fact I take most of the responsibility because I was unable to prioritize. Not that I'm in any condition to do so. I was unable to control my emotions. I said horrible things I never would have said in a million years prior to this horrible affliction. The truth is all I ever wanted was a partner. Someone who loved me and shows me this by getting involved and communicating. As the months wore on and she continued to support me financially but less and less emotionally, it really started to hurt. When my brother died, the wheels fell off of my anger control. I started to scream at her for not holding me, or telling me it would be ok. Or asking how I was doing. I could have been stronger. I could have been more of a support for her. I just didn't have it in me. I lost her because I couldn't see through the brain fog and see how much it truly meant having the person I loved for three years. She stuck by my side at age 21 and is still paying my rent and getting groceries for me. It's such a confusing situation. I always told her I would trade those things for communication and emotional support. I guess I will never get it and all the temper tantrums in the world weren't going to pry it out of her.
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KnockedOutMom (02-01-2016)