View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 09:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Are you cutting your meds back under medical supervision? What you describe sounds a lot like the withdrawal symptoms I went through when I decided to cut back on my meds. I didn't do it under supervision, but did eventually tell my doctor I was doing it. I did not however report to her or anyone in my family how traumatic it was getting of my prescription meds for fear of embarrassment and how I had become dependent on them. So stupid of me looking back, but, I'm doing it again right now, all on my own without anyone knowing, titrating down from Xanax again. Anyway, that's why I ask are you titrating down under supervision, maybe you need to go back up a little on them just to catch a break and feel better about yourself. Then start a much slower titration of them back down again. These drugs prescribed to us have such impacts on our lives. I titrated down from Pristiq last year and stopped completely end of October. I'm still very tearful, but nowhere near to what I was in November and December.
eva5667faliure (01-30-2016), kiwi33 (01-30-2016)