View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 01:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Mark chose wisely.

I was able to have lunch with he and his wife in Oct./15. I enjoyed Mark's company and was equally as impressed with his wife. The kindness, patience and sharing of her time allowing me to ask questions and compare PCS notes was remarkable, she has lived with PCS along time too.

I asked my wife to marry me 38 years ago and it wasn't until almost 2 years ago that my accident happened and I was able to really grasp what was the best decision of my life.

She has been the reason I have worked to get better and to find my way out of a dark and scary time of life, she earned and deserved every bit of strength I could muster to overcome PCS. Probably the biggest thing she has done for me besides rubbing my head every night for many months to calm me down and ease the headaches has been to believe I wasn't making all the strange symptoms up...even when I doubted myself and no doc had an answer other than anxiety.

Danny, I have had to really struggle with me not always feeling confident around her as in the past. Sometimes I have turned a silence or figured when she said something she actually meant something else into huge storms of insecurity in my mind and want to yell or accuse her of someone else...all very unfounded. It took every ounce of control I had at times to hold back the outbursts raging for release inside.

I think I am fortunate to have been married awhile and have relied a lot upon experience and actual history in our relationship to correct some of the goofy thinking that PCS causes. I feel for you younger kids with PCS who don't have the life experience us older folks have to help right the lies and suspicions that are a part of a PCS journey.

KOM, I wouldn't mind relaying some of my PCS experience to your husband. Maybe if he knows it isn't you, that PCS truly is a strange journey but we look and move so like the old us. No one who hasn't had a good dose of PCS can understand how hard it can be to get out of bed or to smile and enjoy what once was a blast but now is distant or how much physical and mental energy it takes to live a semi normal day. How hard we actually are trying to be ourselves isn't readily visible.

I sort of look at it like Humpty Dumpty did get put back together again but there are definitely some pieces in the wrong place, if only we knew where those pieces were and were they went.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KnockedOutMom (02-01-2016)