View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 10:21 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

First thing to realise is that being concerned is natural, but unhelpful. This will repair, with good practices of avoiding triggers (you'll get to know those better as time goes on) good diet, maybe some supplements to support your healing, good sleep pattern, low stress, no drugs or alcahol, no additional injuries and mild exercise if you can.

The bad news is that this will take time. Know that counting the days and weeks and months isn't helpful. The brain goes on its own time scale, and this is generally a long haul. Be calm about this, don't fight the fact that you have been injured. Fighting pcs is like fighting going to sleep, it will win. The healing process is so slow that you'll barely notice the grain of improvement you have gained over the course of a month.

I know it sounds corny but, be at one with your injury. It's now a part of you, as mine is a part of me. Doing this will release you from stress and worry, releasing excess strain on your system, which will ease symptoms. The brain does not like being insulted, but it isn't beyond healing and recovering. Each injury is different, just as each person is different. Get to know your new limits, slow down and this ironically will speed up your healing process.

Know that you will improve. It takes patience and learning to feel calm and content with what you do have in your life. Asking others to join you in being miserable won't work, so try your best not to make your injury the topic of every conversation.

These are things I've had to learn the hard way. I wish you all the best in your continued improvement and recovery.
Doozer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bud (01-30-2016), DannyT (01-30-2016)