View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 11:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default does Levadopa ALWAYS work?

Thanks .. You are correct in that I have had Parkinson's for 11 years now. I was diagnosed at age 44 and am 55 now. During that time I have been taking Mirapex (1.5 mg three times a day) and Artane (2 mg. twice a day). Those agonists have worked for that length of time. I DO have Parkinson's, I've just been really lucky that the combination of those two drugs have kept the symptoms at bay for that long.

I have another (new) question about Sinemet. Does it ALWAYS work for Parkinson's? Has anyone not benefited from it or does it mean that I need a stronger dose? Granted, I have only been on carbidopa/levadopa for one day and I'm not the most patient person in the world. I want results NOW!!

As such, am I jumping the gun thinking it will work after only four doses? I think the dose might be too low but prescribed that on purpose since the agoniists have kept both my tremor and stiffness controlled and the levadopa was prescribed (I assume) for my feet freezing. Is that logical?

Again, I appreciate the insight everyone has provided. It sure helps that I'm not alone with this thing called Parkinsons.

People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quoted by: Maya Angelou (Reader's Digest Oct. 2006)
proudest_mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote