View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 04:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment and I apologize for not visiting here more often. The PCS has put me behind in every aspect of life and I just can't seem to catch up. I'm sure you all can relate. Here's an update:

I stayed on the Indomethacin (50 mgs in the PM) and it seems to have helped reduce the frequency and severity of the headaches. It helps me sleep a little better, without making me feel groggy the next day. None of the OTC anti-inflams worked for me but this seems to help prevent some of the smaller headaches rather than treating them after the fact. That said, if I get over-stimulated, I still pay the price. All in all it seems to be a good maintenance med for me.

Feeling like I had two injuries (both causing headaches) I went back to my chiropractor and he re-started the neck adjustments and my back-of-the-head headaches decreased by 50% immediately. (My over-stimulation headaches are usually side/temple and top of head). I have continued adjustments every week or two.

I still have occasional bad flare-ups when the headaches go ballistic, probably from overstimulation. I keep the painkillers on hand for those but onlyn have to resort to that a couple times a month.

Had a follow up with my neuro. He was concerned that I am still having headaches and cognitive issues after almost 6 months. He suggested several meds, some of which were antidepressants that I had taken in the past (SSRI, TCA) which I refused based on past experiences. He then prescribed Topamax 50mg at bedtime and said it would help with sleep and headaches. I decided to start with 25mg and have only taken it for 3 nights. All 3 nights I slept poorly and had bad dreams. My cognitive issues are 10x worse and I am extremely fatigued. Headaches are same. It's hard to imagine that such a small dose would do this to me. I guess it's possible something else is causing it but I cant take it and plan on stopping the Topamax and re-starting my old meds tonight to see if I can get back to where I was before.

Thats it for now. I hope you all are doing better and thanks again for all your help and support.
musicmafia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote