View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 07:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Post concussion syndrome ups and downs

I'm 2 1/2 months in to post concussion syndrome. BTW I've had probably 12 or so concussions in my lifetime but none in 20 years until November. I had a rough first 8 weeks and my work and live stress levels were a lot higher than normal. I turned the corner after a doctor fixed my positional vertigo and I started pt to get my eyes back connected to my brain so to speak. I felt like I was about 90% back to normal. My doctor recommended I try to start exercising again. Last Sunday, I was about a mile into a run on the treadmill and my heart rate was at 194 so I shut it down. That night i started to feel like I had regressed a little. This week I had a bad week week and regressed to about 65-70% and started having concentration and focus issues again. My doctor said it is normal and that he expects next week to regain back to where I was at around 90%. Does anyone have similar experiences about the ups and downs?

Also I had anxiety problems when I was younger which may or may not have been concussion related. I went through something very similar to this when I was 20 ish and it lasted about 3-4 months and then I snapped out of it. I do feel I also suffer from seasonal depression too.
Steve2442 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote