View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 07:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
It is great to hear your son found relief for his specific condition. Carrick Chiro does not help every one as many have discovered.

I hope you have taken him out of sports where he risks another impact to his head. At his age, his brain is very susceptible to injury that can have long term or permanent consequences.
Thank you for reading my ridiculously long post! Yes, we have. I actually feel like that is a whole grieving process is in itself. A big part of his identity was his sport and his team. He is an athlete--that will not change. We just need to find how to channel that energy and his competitiveness in a different way. Makes me very sad that he has to deal with this at such a young age. Just appreciating where he is at right now and how far he has come.

He has been going to a strength/conditioning group training for a month now that he loves and sets small goals for himself there. He has built his core strength back up doing this and feels great. Our biggest challenge now is getting him to make good choices in everyday situations. Doing that with a 12 year old is very difficult!

I did have to share what worked for us. While I have read that it doesn't work for everyone, I know that it worked for my son (whose worst issues were vestibular) The difference in therapy and seeing how fast he responded to Dr. Carlson was fascinating to see. I can't pretend to understand it, but I know that she is the reason I have my son back--happy, healthy and thriving again. And it was local enough for us to give it a shot. Don't know where we would be right now if it weren't for her.
NeverGiveUp4MySon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote