View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 07:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Caroline, thanks for your response. I took a look at your sleep rememdy. I've thought of trying melatonin before and just happened to buy a bottle of it at the pharmacy this morning. I'm a little nervous about side effects though, actually a lot nervous!!

As I said before I cannot take benadryl for sleep as it has the total opposite effect one me. Usually that is, because once in a while it will make me sleepy. Once I was given a low does of nortryptilene (sp?) as an migraine preventaive. This drug is known for it's sleepy effect and for the one month I took it I experienced the worst insomnia ever. Very similar to what I am going through now - no problem falling asleep but then waking sometime between 12-2 and that was it for the night. Within 3-4 days of stopping my sleep was back to normal. I also have a past history of severe vertigo attacks and am hesitant to try any drugs for fear that will bring the condition back.

I've never heard of Inositol, I just did a quick search on it. Is this an OTC supplement?

I woke up at 2 AM this morning and that was it until I took a two hour nap at 11 AM, thank God it's a Saturday cause I sure can't do that during the week.

Are negative side effets common with melatonin?
AppleTree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote