View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 07:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
Hi AppleTree

A few suggestions to help find the cause of the problem:

I've read many people have a drop in blood sugar during the night which can cause them to wake. Having some form of protein (eg a hard boiled egg or some yoghurt etc) just before going to bed can help sustain the blood sugar level through the night.

Another cause of waking and not being able to get back to sleep may be low cortisol levels - have you had this tested?

Also disturbed sleep is frequent among those who have Fibromyalgia (and other conditions). It is cause by Alpha Waves interrupting the deep sleep cycle.
I don't understand it fully but if you search "alpha intrusion sleep disorder" you may come across some info that helps.

All the best finding solutions.
Hey Bluesfan - thank you so much for the suggestions/ideas. This is what I am looking for - real causes for this problem. I have never had my cortisol level checked. However, last year I was told by a chiropractor that I have adrenal fatigue. This would cause low cortisol, wouldn't it? I'm also very aware that adrenal fatigue is one of those "diseases" that "real doctors" don't recognize, so I'm not sure how much faith I can give to that diagnose. I will say however if arenal fatigue is real I probably have it because I have had a series of very, very stressful events happen over the last 3-5 years and I have just about every symptom of it.

Alpha wave interruping the deep sleep cycle - I haven't heard of this but sounds interesting. I will do a search to learn more.

I hope my sleep is better tonight. I'm so darn tired right now I feel like I could sleep for hours. Not sure if I'll try the melatonin or not. I wish I could beat this without drugs of any kind.
AppleTree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote