View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 07:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Hi Appletree,

I remember your first posts on the forum with the problem with gagging... did that ever resolve or do you still have those issues?

Have you ever had a sleep study?
Lara - the gagging/dysphagia/esophageal whatever it is - they are all still unresolved problems. I don't know - maybe they and my insomnia are all somehow related. I'm more or less trying to live with the dysphagia/gagging. The doctors are stumped, I saw my neurologist earlier this month for a 6 month check up and all he can say is it's very unusual. My GI doctor thinks it's MS but the MRI was clear. My PCP says give it a while and if the symptoms get worse he'll be better able to know what next step to take. Meanwhile I'm scared it's ALS because the best they can say is it probably isn't. Since it's not terribly worse than a year ago I hoping for the best.

No, I've never had a sleep study, and have just started to consider going to a sleep clinic to get some help with this. Do you think a study would be helpful? I'm not all that familiar with them and what exactly they show. I guess that's another thing I'll have to do a bit more research on.

Last edited by AppleTree; 01-30-2016 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Adding
AppleTree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote