View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 08:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwad01 View Post
I've been a PD patient for 8 years. I started and remain very asymmetric- left arm-leg symptomatic-r essentially normal. I am left handed. As time progressed I developed "off" periods that eventually forced me into decreasing dosing intervals- I have always been on Stalevo. I tried Rytary- (documented here) but became manic and dystonic (for the first time). I am currently on Stalevo 100-- at 6 am-dosed at 2.5 hr intervals- last dose at 630p-- I take 100 of l/c ER before bed--9-10-pm---I find that the mornings- once great- then ok-are now miserable-- does anyone have any ideas-should I increase the dose of the CR?- should I change to Stalevo? I need to be better when I wake- so I can get to work on time-- any advice would be appreciated-mmorning
Schwad Hi, Perhaps try increasing your 100mg ER up to 200mg ER levodopa in evenings and/ or an extra of your 100mg ER upon waking if in an off state during your normal sleep times.
For morning dose you're probably a bit low on meds floating around doing their thing to help you come on upon waking so maybe try adding say half as in 50mg of a regular 100mg Sinemet or whatever brand you prefer to your morning regime. It's not a lot and I find sometimes just that extra 50mg can make coming on easier.
Same thing throughout the day if your off is a bit worse than usual or you feel 100mg Stalevo isn't quite doing enough.
Best wishes
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
schwad01 (01-30-2016)