View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 09:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Day 31

One month, it has been not without its challenges but DB has and is getting stronger.. The new antidepressant Brintellex seems to be kicking in and he reports feeling a noticeable difference within himself. We had a rushed visit to the ER on Friday early morning, he found a huge lump in the upper quadrant of his left buttock and it took on a life of its own swelling to a large really hard red and inflamed lump some 5cm by 4cm. I got the locum out and he said nope, got to go to ER it may need to be surgically removed or he needs intravenous antibiotics. It was viewed under ultrasound and aspirated, intravenous antibiotics delivered and 12 hours later we could go home, now on oral antibiotics for 2 days and back Tuesday to review. The moral of the story, don't throw away the alcohol wipes used before giving an injection. Poor DB thought he was doing the right thing but didn't think that one through. (he has to have fortnightly injections of testosterone as he doesn't produce enough if it naturally like most men)
eva5667faliure (03-19-2016)