View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 11:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Baddog,

I am right there with you on the fatigue issue. I, too, suffer from SEVERE fatigue. It is such a vague symptom and is involved in so MANY different conditions, it is very hard to pinpoint the culprit and some times it comes not from one source but many sources combined.

I wake after a full and good night's sleep feeling as if I had not slept at all, I am so tired. Not sleepy, TIRED, as if I had done a full day's work before I even emerge from the bed. And then later, I get hit with sleepiness on top of the fatigue.

How much or little sleep I get seems to have very little to do with the fatigue. Some days I can't stay up for more than a few hours at a time and other days, I can stay up, I just can't seem to function.

There is no easy answer. Docs, no matter how much they search for an answer to YOUR fatigue, may not be able to pinpoint the problem. Been there myself on that.

It can be a combination of medications and medical conditions or something that has not even been diagnosed.

I just got diagnosed with yet another condition and in researching it, .... one symptom listed was SEVERE fatigue. Is "THAT" the answer to my fatigue question? Who knows.

Maybe if the newest condition presents as treatable and my fatigue disappears, only then will I know that may have been the culprit. But, for now, I still fight the battle of fatigue and wonder why I have it and how to rid myself of it.

Wishing you the best. Good luck in your quest to find an answer and return to function.

Oh, one last thing I would like to mention. Fatigue and depression go hand in hand sometimes. They seem to feed off of each other so try to stay as positive as possible. That may not have any effect on the fatigue but it sure helps to ward off the depression that may accompany the fatigue.

Last edited by Hopeless; 01-31-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Baddog (01-31-2016), EnglishDave (01-31-2016), PamelaJune (02-03-2016), St George 2013 (01-31-2016)