View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 05:17 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I don't know what D it is that they gave me, but pretty sure it's probably the wrong one that you all are saying, because I only take it once a week. Supposed to do that for 8 weeks, and then start taking the right one daily after that.

We had a couple of days where it's been warm (relatively...as long as I have a coat and mittens on) enough to sit outside in the front yard in the sun. Even tho it's winter, there's sunlight hitting the front of the house, and as long as we could stand it to sit outside. My dad and I sat out for a little on friday, and then for a little over a half hour today. So, hopefully the sun gave me a nice dose of the vitamin D.

I have been reading about the differences between D2 and D3, so I might have taken a couple of the D3's this weekend.

My plan is, weather permitting, to sit outside on the sunny days for at least 15 or 20 minutes, and hope the sun can squeeze out some vitamin D for me that way.

You all might think I'm nuts about this, but I'm going to go ahead and follow the directions, mostly, on the D2. But, I might be taking an occasional D3. I just don't want to get vitamin D toxicity.

We're about to get a snowpocalypse this week, so I probably won't be trying to sit outside to get some sun. Sitting out in the sun sounds like more fun, just the weather isn't going to be cooperating this week.

When the 8wks of D2 is over, I'm going to be taking the D3 regularly.

I did buy some food that has extra D in it. Some cereals, and milk. (chocolate milk has vitamin D in it, doesn't it?) Just hoping eventually I'll feel better.

Kind of hoping the lack of vitamin D is the total cause for my fatigue lately, and the reason why I've been having more and more problems with the walking. Because maybe once the vitD gets topped off, maybe my walking will get better, and I can start walking better, and maybe get rid of the walker I have to use. I don't expect it to happen, but still hoping.

Hope my ability to sleep gets better soon too. I'm exhausted right now, so I'm probably not making much sense. It's after 4am.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-31-2016)