View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 06:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
I was only 4 1/2 months into my SFN journey and running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to find out what was wrong with me when I asked my foot and ankle dr to do a skin punch biopsy.

He agreed and took two samples right above my ankle and no where else. My results from just that one biopsy site were 0...no A and C fibers left. (Bako Labs)

This was done before I joined this wonderful site and I had very little knowledge of what to ask for. If I had known I would have asked for several sites to be tested.

Did he only do one site because he's a foot/ankle dr ? Did he only do one site because I was very new to whatever was happening to me and he just did the one site because I asked for the biopsy myself instead of him suggesting it ? Because I was only complaining of my feet ?

I have no idea and I'm in Georgia, USA

Guessing I got the short end of the stick ? It has now traveled to my legs, arms, hands and mouth area.

Just wanted to let you peeps know my biopsy story.

Debi

Debi, mine is in my mouth, tongue, arms, hands, legs, feet, back, ears, everywhere. Just starting this journey for a diagnosis.
Itneverends is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (01-31-2016)