Old 01-31-2016, 10:12 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillHoping View Post
I also had only one biopsy, above the right ankle. This was what my neurologist asked for, and I knew nothing about SFN and this test.

Actually I am glad that I had only one biopsy, this was more then enough for me. I had a massive bleeding, I was sensitive to the antibiotic ointment, it took a long time to heal, and for a couple of months the pain disturned my sleep and activities that streach the area such as walking, going down the stairs, or yoga. Sometimes the area is still annoying and it has been almost a year since my biopsy.
Did you actually have the biopsy called "sural"? This one is deep and cuts the sural nerve, and provides axonal samples.

The skin biopsy is very shallow and should not bleed or cause lingering problems. The sural however, is quite brutal and can cause problems that last for years.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (02-01-2016), St George 2013 (01-31-2016)