View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 12:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sorry to hear you've had issues post biopsy. Mine wasn't as bad, but it didn't fully heal for a month, and became quite infected. I used antibiotic ointment, which didn't work, and then alcohol and peroxide, which finally did the trick. But I can say that my wounds have been healing very slowly and poorly for some time now, likely due to immunity issues. I've noticed this for a while now, certainly ever since the SFN started.

One of my most consistent symptoms is neuropathic itch, and itching in general, and early on I recall scratching a place, say the top of foot or my hand, and then the skin would break open very easily, then the next day it would get infected. It was almost as if I has something trying to get out, some fungus or bacteria, and perhaps it was precisely that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillHoping View Post
I also had only one biopsy, above the right ankle. This was what my neurologist asked for, and I knew nothing about SFN and this test.

Actually I am glad that I had only one biopsy, this was more then enough for me. I had a massive bleeding, I was sensitive to the antibiotic ointment, it took a long time to heal, and for a couple of months the pain disturned my sleep and activities that streach the area such as walking, going down the stairs, or yoga. Sometimes the area is still annoying and it has been almost a year since my biopsy.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (01-31-2016)