View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 05:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Sorry to hear you've had issues post biopsy. Mine wasn't as bad, but it didn't fully heal for a month, and became quite infected. I used antibiotic ointment, which didn't work, and then alcohol and peroxide, which finally did the trick. But I can say that my wounds have been healing very slowly and poorly for some time now, likely due to immunity issues. I've noticed this for a while now, certainly ever since the SFN started.

One of my most consistent symptoms is neuropathic itch, and itching in general, and early on I recall scratching a place, say the top of foot or my hand, and then the skin would break open very easily, then the next day it would get infected. It was almost as if I has something trying to get out, some fungus or bacteria, and perhaps it was precisely that.
I am sorry you have such diffuculties with wound healing and itching.
I didn't have any infection with the biopsy, it felt as if the pain was caused by somewhere deeper.
I have allways had sensitive skin, atopic dermatitis, rashes that comes and goes, and many sensitivities, but it is much different than what you described.
stillHoping is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (01-31-2016), St George 2013 (01-31-2016)